Sunday 12 April 2015

Whistle While You Work

Today was another quiet one. Bella woke up feeling rubbish, so we decided on a fry up and another lazy morning. Then I hit the house work. Hard.

Steve always laughs at me when I wear my housework outfit as I usually dress very specifically for the occasion. My clear out uniform often consists of a pair of Steve's trunks, a baggy t shirt and no bra (I'm sure I am not the only one who feels that they can move just a little bit more freely when braless!). I would post a picture of the delightful ensemble, but for fear of putting you all off of your tea, I thought it best to leave that one out! 

I spent THREE hours clearing and sorting. THREE. I'm always shocked at just how much rubbish we seem to accumulate as a family, and just how many rubbish and charity bags we manage to fill each month when I have had one of my mad clear out sessions.

I love doing it though, it clears my mind and chills me out. 

Once the charity bags were all dropped off and the rubbish was in the bin, it was time to go to my Mums for a BBQ. It is my Step-Dad's Birthday tomorrow, so we went to go and celebrate with him. In keeping with our £3 a day budget - we popped a £2 lottery ticket into his card as a present (having promised to get him a little more when the challenge is over. Unless he wins, in which case I think we'll have done our bit!). Bella also did the washing up as a little birthday present to Ben.



We are now finishing the day by letting the girls watch Frozen before they head off for an early night. Then Steve and I will get down to some serious 'Once Upon A Time' watching. Oh our lives are so glamorous!

Money spent - £3.00
Coffees required - two coffees and three teas
Bella's review - 5/10 because she started off poorly

Like us on Facebook - The Accidental Parent Guide 

Follow us on Twitter @accidentlparent





No comments:

Post a Comment